How To Setup Cloudflare CDN for wordpress
What is cloudflare and why we should use it?
CloudFlare is a free CDN(content delivery network) means if you use Cloudflare your websites’s content will be delivered by nearest cloudflare data center.CloudFlare has data centres across the world.All data centers caches the data of your website.When any visitor request the webpage of your websites it is served from nearest data center.This makes your websites fast across the globe.CloudFlare also routes traffic (to your websites) by it’s own servers.This makes your website safe from hackers and attackers.So there is many profits and no loss in using CloudFlare.Here is step-by-step procedure on how to setup cloudflare cdn on wordpress or any type of website.
How to setup CloudFlare CDN for free on wordpress or any other website.
- Go to CloudFlare website.
- Click on Sign Up now or you can directly go to signup page here.
- Fill in your details, check “I accept terms….” and click create account.
- A new window will appear.In that window under add a website.Enter your website name and click scan DNS records.Do not enter website URL only name as shown in image below.
- Now DNS scanning will start.It will take sometime.When it will stop there will be a button named”Continue”.Click on the button.
- A new window will appear Showing all your DNS records which your website is currently using.In the list under Status click on cloudflare logo (in front of records) to activate CloudFlare on various records.But as you are not a expert of cloudflare just leave all “as it is”.Make sure CloudFlare logo next to your domain name is orange color.If it is not click on it and it will turned orange.Orange icon means CloudFlare is activated on that DNS record.And then click continue.
- A new window will appear asking you to select a CloudFlare plan.There are four type of plans.You can select a free or paid plan and click continue.
- A new window will appear asking you to change nameserver.Now Go to your domain hosing account and change Name Servers accordingly.Keep this window open until you change nameserver of your website.When you changed nameservers accordingly click continue.You can google on “how to change nameservers in your domain hosting provider like “How to change name servers in GoDaddy, Bluehost” etc.
- Next window will tell your status as pending.It will take sometime to update it all.So be patient and check after some time or several hours.You have successfully setup CloudFlare for free on your website.You can setup cloudflare on not only wordpress but any type of blog or website.If you have more than one website or blog you can enable cloudflare on all of that for free.Thus now you know how to setup cloudflare cdn free on wordpress and other type of websites.Thanks for reading.If you like it share with friends.
Hi all i am narmail sandhu.I have great passion for technology.I am always eager to learn new things and spread my knowledge.I believe in making people’s life easier.That’s why i stared my blog cybergali.com in 2015 and hosting comparison site http://comparemyhost.com/ in 2017.You can contact me at maillysandhu[at]yahoo.in