Amazing Facts about the Human Body You Don’t Know
The Human Body is just as fascinating as anything you can imagine the colorful volumes in this high-quality series build significant connections, for example: how proper nutrition relates to the actual function of the Digestive system, and why sleep is integral to the activities of the brain and nervous system. It is an incredible machine, filled with complicated systems and organs. That’s why human body can do some amazing tasks. Here are some interesting facts about your body along with examples of how a small amount of effort can make a huge difference in how you feel and how your body performs.
Let’s take a look at few mind blowing facts about the human body.
- Did you know that your fingertips hold 2,000 pores per square inch
- The eye blinks once every two-to-ten seconds, a bathing and lubricating function. Once calculated, this causes our eyes to be closed half an hour out of each day.
- Did you know that the human ear can discriminate some 1,600 different frequencies?
- Blood journeys endlessly through 60,000 miles of blood vessels out from the heart and back in less than a minute.
- The heart usually beats 70 times a minute and pumps 2,000 gallons of blood a day.
- The hand is the apex of the body’s engineering design; 25 joints allowing 58 distinctly different motions, which makes the hand the most versatile instrument on earth.
- The human body contains more than 600 muscles.
- Did you know that the legs and feet withstand up to 5,000 pounds of pressure per square inch when running.
- If you are 25 pounds overweight, you have about 5,000 miles of extra blood vessels through which your heart has to pump blood.
- Did you know that the bulk of lung tissue is composed of about 300 million microscopic air sacs known as alveoli.