Amazing Facts About India You Never Heard Of
1.The Kashi Vishwanath and the Tirupati Balaji Temple both, receives visitors more than the Vatican City and Mecca combined.
- After Every 12 years, a religious gathering of the Kumbh Mela occurs in India.It is the world’s largest gathering of people.The gathering of the Kumbh Mela is visible from the space.Near 100 million people gathers on this occasion.
- India has 300,000 mosques more than any other country in the world.
- Takshila is the first ever university in the world; it was started around 700 BC.
- India has the second largest English speaking population in the world only behind USA.In India 125 million people speak English which is only 10% of total population.
- India has more mobile phones than toilets.
- Children’s Day is celebrated in India on November 14th, 9 months after Valentine’s Day.
- Zero was invented in India by Aryabhatta.
- Sanskrit is the mother of all the European Languages.
- Chess was invented in india in 6th century.
- Yoga was also invented in India about 5000 years ago.
- Lonar Lake, a saltwater lake in Maharashtra,India, was created by a meteor hitting the Earth and thus making Lonar lake.
- Magnetic Hill is located near Leh in India.The hill is said to have magnetic properties strong enough to pull cars upward and it can also pull aircrafts toward it.So planes stay away from this hill.
- India has invented shampoo,ruler,value of pi , trigonometry, algebra, calculus,cataract surgery, plastic surgery, diamond mining,And water on the moon.
- India is the largest producer of films and milk in the world.
- India has highest cricket pitch in the world ,Chail in Solan,Himachal Pradesh.It is situated at an elevation of 2444 meters (above the sea level).Chail Cricket Ground was built in 1893.
- India has the largest population of vegetarians in the world.30-40% of Indians are vegetarians.
- India’s first rocket was so lightweight and small that it was transported on a cycle to the Thumba Launching Station in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- India has the largest number of Post Offices in the world.
- On May 26 Former Indian President Dr.APJ.Abdul Kalam visited Switzerland and hence May 26 is celebrated as Science Day in Switzerland.
- Indian Railway is One of the largest employer in the world ,It is employing over a million people.
- The highest bridge in the world is The Bailey Bridge. It is located in the Ladakh valley between the Dras and Suru rivers in the Himalaya.It was built by Indian Army in August 1982.
- India produce 70% of world’s spices.
- Go Air an Indian airline hires only female flight attendants because they are lightweight, Thus they save up to US$500,000 per year in airplane fuel.
- Gypsy tribe in Rajasthan, India celebrates death as one of the happiest events in their lives, while treat births as great sorrow.
Indian housewives have 11%of the total World’s Gold. It is more than the gold reserves of the U.S., IMF, Switzerland and Germany together.
- Only 1% marriages in India end in divorce, one of the lowest rates in the world.
India has more people using the internet than the whole population of U.S.So friends these are some amazing facts about India.Mention in comments if you know any facts about India.If you love the post share with friends.
Hi all i am narmail sandhu.I have great passion for technology.I am always eager to learn new things and spread my knowledge.I believe in making people’s life easier.That’s why i stared my blog cybergali.com in 2015 and hosting comparison site http://comparemyhost.com/ in 2017.You can contact me at maillysandhu[at]yahoo.in