6 Gmail tricks you must know
We all use gmail daily.It is part of our life.Here I am telling you 6 gmail tricks which will save your time and increase your productivity.
1. Set up two accounts on any website with same Gmail account.
Did you know that if you have a gmail account you have two email addresses.First one is email@example.com and another one is firstname.lastname@example.org.You can use these id’s to make two account on any website like facebook, twitter,linkedin and many more.Emails from both accounts will come in your single inbox.So enjoy this gmail trick and save your time in making multiple email accounts.
2. How to compose email in new window?
Sometime we want to compose an email and want to access all email features at the same time.Now you can do it easily in Gmail.Just press and hold shift key and click compose.A new window will open where you can compose and send your email and at the same time have access to all features of gmail.
3. How to undo a sent mail in gmail?
Sometime we send an email and then we suddenly know that we have forgot to send attachment with that email.Now you can undo sent email in gmail. Here are gmail tricks to do that:-
1. In gmail click on gear icon near right corner.
2. In dropdown click setting.This will open setting with general tab selected.
3. In general tab scroll down page and you can see undo send.
4. Tick enable undo send and set (Send cancellation period:seconds).
All is done now whenever you send an email you can undo it within 30 seconds.Now on whenever you will send an email a message will appear”message has been sent.undo it”.Click on undo and email will not be sent.
4. How to manage multiple gmail accounts from one account?
Now you can manage multiple gmail accounts from one account and you can also manage other’s account on their behalf.It is a very useful feature for a company,startup and individual.You can also grant permission to someone to manage your email account.You can not change password,account setting of accounts you manage.This is called gmail delegation.Here is gmail tricks to do it.
- Click the gear in the top right .
- Select Settings.
- Select the Accounts and Import tab.
- Under ‘Grant access to your account,’ click the Add another account link.
- Enter the email address of the person you’d like to access your account and click Next Step. Remember you can only enter a Google Mail address.
- You’ll see a confirmation message. Click Send email to grant access if you’re sure.
- The delegate will receive a verification email explaining that you’ve granted access to them.
- After the delegate confirms this request, it may take up to 30 minutes for the verification process to be completed. To see if the delegate has confirmed access to your account, look at the Accounts and Import tab in Settings
5. Dots(.) in your gmail address does’t matter.
Did you know that dots(.) in any gmail address does’t matter.If you send an email to
email@example.com they all will go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thus by this gmail trick you can also sign up on a websites many times.
6. How to recognize who sold your gmail address?
Often we subscribe to many websites and started to getting spam mails but how we can know who is sending us spam mails or which website sold our email address to spammers.Here is gmail tricks:-
like for semrush you shoud enter email@example.com.If they send you email it will come to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anything after + sign and before @ will be ignored by email servers.
2. When you will receive a spam email from them.You can recognize it quickly.
3. Click on email you received.Near the header there is sender name and there is to me click on that.Now you can see to which address email was sent.If it contains + semrush means you were spammed by that site.
Hi all i am narmail sandhu.I have great passion for technology.I am always eager to learn new things and spread my knowledge.I believe in making people’s life easier.That’s why i stared my blog cybergali.com in 2015 and hosting comparison site http://comparemyhost.com/ in 2017.You can contact me at maillysandhu[at]yahoo.in